The internet is continually evolving, so web design trends are constantly changing and improving.
If you want to improve your website design, keep reading this article to find out how you can take advantage of these ten proven strategies to enhance your web design and development today! You’ll have an online presence you can be proud of in no time!
1) Don’t reinvent the wheel; use existing frameworks and code
In the past, it was difficult for developers to find free coding that was easy to use for web design. Today, many frameworks are both functional and well-designed.
One of the most popular frameworks is Bootstrap by Twitter.
Bootstrap offers a range of responsive templates that make it easy to create a fully functional website with minimal HTML knowledge.
It also includes several user interface elements, such as dropdown menus and buttons, that can be easily customized with just a few lines of CSS code.
Other frameworks include Foundation by Zurb and Semantic UI by Yahoo! Inc., which offer responsive design templates and many other features.
2) Do your research – keep up with the latest trends in interface design & development
1. Make sure your site is ready for mobile users.
With the recent boom in smartphone usage, it has become more critical than ever to have a mobile-optimized site.
Google’s search algorithm now weighs mobile compatibility more heavily than desktop.
A website that doesn’t load well on the phone could be penalized by the search engine giant.
2. Be sure your site works well on different browsers, operating systems, and devices like tablets, laptops, and phones. It’s not enough anymore to make sure your site looks good on one type of screen — you need to make sure it looks good across all types of screens.
3) Improve user experience (UX)
1. Think about your audience. What do they need?
What are they looking for? Are they expecting something more than what you provide? Answering these questions will help you determine what your visitor’s experience should be like, which can significantly impact your conversion rates.
2. Implement social media buttons. Social media is one of the most effective methods of spreading information quickly and to a broad audience.
Facebook alone has over 1 billion users!
Please put it in your blog post footer so visitors can share it with their friends right after reading it.
3. Make forms easy to fill out, especially if asking for an email address or contact information.
If people hesitate to fill out the form, they might not do it at all, resulting in lost business opportunities.
4. Place links strategically throughout your site so visitors know where they are at any given moment – both from within posts themselves and when navigating from page to page without having to go back to the home page first (or, even worse – search for the page).
4) Use innovative marketing – target your audience
Marketing is the key to any successful business.
With so many different channels, it can be hard to know where to start.
Start by identifying your target audience and then use marketing techniques that are appropriate for them.
If you’re unsure what strategies will work best for your customers, try a few out and see what works best!
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to marketing your website or product. Continuation (six+ sentences):
Use social media: Social media is an excellent way of communicating with potential and current clients.
Please make an account on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites and update them frequently with company news or promotions.
Encourage followers by giving prizes or discounts to those who share their posts with friends on social media.
Continuation (six+ sentences): Include clear navigation:
The internet is filled with content nowadays, which means people are increasingly impatient when browsing online stores or websites.
5) Focus on conversion rates
The most crucial aspect of web design is the conversion rate.
Conversion rates are how many people buy your product, sign up for your newsletter, or do whatever else you want them to do on your website.
If you want more people to convert to your site, there are a lot of proven strategies that you can use.
First, optimize for mobile access.
Mobile devices have overtaken desktop devices in popularity and will continue to grow in numbers.
Make sure your site looks good on mobile screens, so customers don’t get frustrated with an unusable website.
Second, create a great first impression with a well-designed homepage header image.
A home page header image should be short and sweet so that visitors know what they will find when they scroll down the page.
6) Invest in custom graphics
One of the most significant ways to enhance your web design is by investing in custom graphics. Though there are many different types of graphics, you should consider the following when deciding which type of graphics would best suit your web design:
What is the purpose of your site?
Is it informational or a place for entertainment?
Do you want your site visitors to be able to read the information clearly, or do they need images as well?
The answer will help determine what type of graphic styles would work best.
What colors do you want on your site?
If you want red, yellow, and blue on the homepage but white on all other pages, you might want an extensive library of colors that can be accessed throughout the site.
What size will these graphics be used?
7) Spend time optimizing SEO
1. Put your website keywords in the URL.
2. Add site-wide keywords in the H1 tag with your company name and other relevant keywords.
3. Include a keyword in the title tag for every page you publish on your website, including blog posts, contact information, etc.
4. In the meta description, make sure you include a few of your most important keywords relevant to the page you’re on and a call to action that entices visitors to click through to more content related to their search query/interests/needs.
5. Make sure each page includes social media links or buttons (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) that give readers easy access to share your organization’s latest news or updates with their network.
6. Use images and videos throughout your site design – use these elements strategically where they will impact user experience, and conversion rates – homepage hero images may draw viewers into clicking through to more detail about what makes your business stand out from the competition.
7. Keep navigation simple by using a clear hierarchy for all primary and secondary links so visitors can find what they need quickly without feeling lost when browsing your website’s pages and links.
8) Get to know your visitors – understand their behavior
It’s essential to get an understanding of how your website visitors behave.
What do they like?
What don’t they like?
How can you better serve their needs?
And most importantly, how can you use this information in a way that helps them find what they’re looking for more quickly and easily?
The first thing you should know about your visitors is whether or not they use mobile devices.
If so, it’s crucial that the design is responsive and accommodates these types of screens – many sites lose up to 30% of traffic if they aren’t optimized for mobile devices.
For instance, placing critical elements on the left-hand side instead of the top will make it easier for those browsing from a mobile device with smaller screens.
Another consideration when designing with mobile users is speed – research has found that 47% of mobile shoppers will abandon a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load!
9) Build genuine relationships, not just click-through traffic.
Building genuine relationships with your visitors is vital.
You want them to feel like they are talking to someone who cares, not just a faceless company. And you want them with whom they can ask questions without feeling judged or being made fun of.
These two things will help you get the click-through traffic you need for your website design enhancement strategies.
The other tactics in this blog post will help make your site more user-friendly and enhance conversion rates.
For example, adding Continue Reading buttons on blogs longer than 1000 words will entice readers to continue reading rather than scrolling past them as they might have done before.
Some great tools allow you to analyze how people interact with your websites, such as heatmaps and eye tracking software.
As long as you know what success looks like for your business and what works best for customers, these ten tactics should work well for you too.
10) Use eCommerce analytics to find out what customers want.
Looking at your online store is the best way to find out what your customers want. Merchants need to know what the customer wants before they can offer it.
One way to do this is by using eCommerce analytics.
By watching how people interact with your website, you’ll be able to tell which products are most popular, which features they like the most, and which areas need improvement.
You can then use this knowledge to create a better experience for all your site visitors.